Open circuit - PMS
PMS series is a fiberglass cooling tower suggested in small size plants, all models K12 version are EUROVENT Certified.
Capacity: from 18 to 860 kW
Directly coupled axial motor-fan group/s, low installed power, low noise levels
Entirely corrosion–free casing, basin (with sloping base) and water distribution system (FRP, PVC, PP, PE) equipped with non-clogging PP spray nozzles
Fill pack with different kinds of air/water channels, suitable for the use with different water types
Certified PP drift eliminators (entrainment 0,01%)
SHELL (casing, top and -optional- basin) entirely made of fibreglass reinforced polyester resin, structurally self-supporting and of exclusive MITA design, with gelcoat external finish as UV-protection.
WATER COLLECTION BASIN with sloping base to allow complete emptying, and smooth internal finish with rounded corners for easy cleaning.
Equipped with flanged water outlet, overflow, drain connections and make-up (complete with floating ball) connections.
The cooling tower with basin is complete with FRP air inlet louvers.
NUTS AND BOLTS in stainless steel AISI 304.
AXIAL FAN SYSTEM made of:
- fan supporting ring in hot-dip galvanised steel after fabrication
- axial impeller directly coupled with the electric motor shaft
- three-phase electric motor, sealed execution (IP56), without ventilation, with back closing shield, multi-voltage (230/400 - 400/690) and multi-frequency (50-60 Hertz), with tropicalized windings, class F insulation.
FAN PROTECTION GRID in stainless steel AISI 304
HATCH for visual inspection in nylon reinforced with fibreglass.
DRIFT ELIMINATORS, high efficient, certified by EUROVENT, consisting of three folds PP sheets, thermoformed under vacuum and welded together to form panels of such shape and size as to guarantee maximum efficiency of droplet separation from the airflow drawn by the fan.
WATER DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM made of PN 10 pipes and connectors complete with flanged connection, entirely made of plastic material, consisting in a main header and branches with non-clogging, static type, spray nozzles.
This system grants a perfect and even perfusion of the fill pack, and therefore an optimal performance.
The non-clogging nozzles are made of isotactic polypropylene with full cone (120° angle) spraying.
FILL PACK (or heat exchange surface) consisting of PVC or PP sheets, thermoformed under vacuum and welded together (air/water channels of different kinds suitable for the cooling of different water types).
The shape and the size of the fill pack optimise the contact between air and water, and therefore the heat transfer process.
All models are available in the following special versions:
- ATT – for high temperature water (max. peaks of 80 °C)
- N – for moderately dirty water with small quantities of suspended solids
- N-ATT – for moderately dirty water with small quantities of suspended solids at high temperature (max. peaks of 80 °C)
- GS/GSL – for very dirty water containing high quantities of suspended solids